Calling All Poets an Word Smiths
This is the last reminder of the Call for Submissions for the Hip Hop Anthology. This Call for Submission is open to local, national and international poets.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
FROM BROADSIDE PRESS
Noted for its history of publishing the foremost African American poets of the last 40 years, Broadside Press is calling for submissions to an upcoming anthology, Broadside Speaks Hip Hop. This collection will feature the work of young writers who have matured in the cultural climate of the hip hop movement of the last few decades. The anthology editors are interested in the following kinds of work:
• Poetry which reflects the styles, political concerns, and critical commentary characteristic of the hip hop genre.
• Poetry which reflects new modes of expression, or a new aesthetic.
• Poetry written for spoken word performance.
• Poetry which exemplifies serious intellectual engagement and technical mastery.
• Poetry which deals with the pressing socio-political concerns and issues of the African Diaspora.
• Poetry which expresses African and African American spirituality.
• Poetry which refers to African diasporan history.
Broadside looks forward to the publication of this anthology and the presentation of new writers in keeping with our legacy of making the finest literary productions of our community available to the world. See the attached Broadside Publisher’s Statement for additional information.
Please submit not more than four (4) poems, double-spaced, typed in 12 pt font, with a self-addressed envelope, to Broadside Press, 440 Burroughs Street, Detroit, MI 48202. Email submissions will not be accepted. Deadline: May 31, 2008. Writers will be notified of selections during Summer 2008.
For more info, check out Broadside Press