Peace Cool World,
I’ve been a busy bee this week. Mostly flying. No major changes in my life. I do feel, however, that I’ve lost my writing voice. Maybe “misplaced” is a better word.
Its just that there are SO many things happening in the world everyday. By the time I’m able toform an opinion on one…there’s something new on the table. I know that the blogosphere nad teh digital world is DESIGNED to be fast paced…but I can’t keep up. It frustrates me. So I’ve buried myself in the world that DOES NOT change. BOOKS. I’m reading at least three right now.
Duma Key – Stephen King
Move Beyond the Colored line – Jacquelyn Rochell
Man Child in the Promised Land (for the third time) – Claude Brown
I’m also writing a bit..but mostly just fragmented paragraphs of narrative fiction. I’m never able to get past the first page. UGGGHHH!
SOOOooo…I took this survey from my guy BILLIONE. Its fun…and maybe it will help me to rediscover my voice.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
(phrase) “You’re not allowed to…”
3. What turns you on?
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
pages turning, keys clicking, pens scratching on paper
and Kids laughing
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
styrofoam rubbing on styrofoam
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?